Dr. Sandeep Gera
Institute of Para Veterinary Sciences
01662- 256079 (O)
About Institute of Para Veterinary Sciences
Institute of Para Veterinary Sciences (IPVS) is an expansion of VLD Diploma section, which was under the control of Dean, College of Veterinary Sciences. The Institute has been established w.e.f February, 2014 with a sense of clarity and purpose of producing Para-Veterinarians to assist the Registered Veterinary Practitioners. The Para-Veterinarians provide minor veterinary services and are required to support and help the Veterinarians for health care and management of livestock and thus contribute towards the development of Animal Husbandry and Dairy sector. They also play an important role in veterinary extension service and are considered an integral part of veterinary service delivery system. The Government is also encouraging private sector participation to produce Para Veterinarians to cater the needs in Government as well as Private Sector. The demand of Para-Veterinarians is expected to increase due to the opening of new Veterinary Hospitals, Veterinary Poly Clinics, Diagnostic Laboratories, Dairy Plants, Dairy Farms and Milk Processing units in Government as well as Private sector. Keeping in view the ever increasing demand of Para-Veterinarians, an IPVS has been established with the following objectives:
- To organize teaching programmes at diploma level and certificate courses.
- To produce Para-Veterinarians for development of Animal Husbandry and Dairying sector.
- To control and supervise the admissions/examinations etc. at LUVAS as well as at affiliated institutes/colleges.
The Institute is running following Diploma Courses each of two year duration:
- Veterinary Livestock Development Diploma (VLDD).
- Diploma in Veterinary Laboratory Technology (DVLT).
Strengths of the Institute
- Well trained dedicated and committed team of instructors.
- Technical strengthening of girl students since 2016.
- Effective management and utilization of resources.
- Students of the institute have brought laurels (3 Bronze medal in athletic events from 2018-2020) in sports at All India level.
- The institute impacts hands on practical training in first aid, clinical practice, farm procedures and various laboratory experiments.
- Faculty members are involved in clinical duties and small scale pilot research experiments
- International Institute of Veterinary Education & Research, Bahu Akbarpur, Rohtak (Contact: 921570017, 9729263696)
- SDS College of Animal Sciences, Damkora Road, Tohana (Contact 9991040111, 9802345000)
- Bhumika Institute of Veterinary Sciences, Sigra, Tehsil & Distt. Mahendergarh-123034 (Contact: 7056609001, 7056609004, 7056609005); firstname.lastname@example.org
- M. R. College of Veterinary Science V.P.O Hassanpur, Tehsil & Distt. Jhajjar-124103 (Contact: 9050022929, 9050922929, 8053922929)
- Ideal Veterinary College, Siwani Road, Singhani, Distt. Bhiwani-127201 (Contact:9413367700, 01252207700)
- Tagore College of Veterinary Science Dhigawa Jattan, Tehsil Loharu, Distt. Bhiwani-127201 (Contact: 9416990501, 9812595127)
- Shree Ram College of Veterinary Science, NH- 73, Mouli, Barwala, Panchkula-134118 (Contact: 9466177791, 9466177794, 9466177797)
- Janta Institute of Veterinary Sciences, Butana (Sonepat)-131302 (Contact: 9416012046,01263-271047, 271027)
- R.S.M. Veterinary Institute, Bhambhewa Tehsil Safidon, Distt. Jind-126113 (Contact: 01686-287500, 9813777088)
- Apex Institute of V.L.D.D, Bidhai Khera, Tehsil Tohana, Distt. Fatehabad-125120 (Contact: 09416046248, 9992863009)
- SBDS College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Village Aherwan, Tehsil Ratia, Distt. Fatehabad-125051. (Contact No. 9996745882, 9416045882)