- The department offers a Livestock Products Technology course comprising 4 units to 3rd year B.V.Sc. & A.H. students as per MSVE, 2016 guidelines. The course is of 2+1 credit hours and currently 76 students of third year B.V.Sc. & A.H. are enrolled in this course.
- The department offers a Livestock Products Technology course to internship students of 2+0 credit hours to 5th year B.V.Sc. & A.H. students as per MSVE, 2016 guidelines.
Post Graduate Degree Courses
- The department offers M.V.Sc., and Ph.D., in the field of Livestock Products Technology. The department offers Master of Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Livestock Products Technology. The postgraduate programmes in Livestock Products Technology focuses on processing, packaging, preservation, quality control and marketing of livestock products i.e. milk, meat, egg and their products. Aside from general understanding of processing of livestock products the student learns physicochemical, nutritional and microbial quality evaluation of livestock products i.e. milk, meat, egg and their products.
- Currently four students are pursuing M.V.Sc. and two students are enrolled in Ph.D. programmes of the department.
The list of students who have passed from this department is
- The department offers one course i.e. Introduction to Livestock Products Tech (1+0) to the 2nd year students of the two year Diploma in Veterinary Livestock Development Diploma
- The department offers one course.e. Dairy and meat technology (0+2) to the 2nd year students of the two year Diploma in Veterinary Laboratory Technology (DVLT) course.
- The various aspects of handling, preservation, storage, distribution and nutritive value of milk, meat and eggs are taught under diploma courses. Along with these, candling and grading of eggs, general aspects of milk and its composition as well as factors affecting milk composition and quality, milk collection, processing and packaging are also taught to the diploma students.